Moving is hard work. First, you’ve got to find a new place and list your old one. Then, you have to sort through all of your stuff and get rid of some of the things you don’t use anymore. Why did you buy that quesadilla maker in the first place? After all of that, you still have to organize, pack, and box things up—all before the day of your move actually arrives. Moving day itself is a whole other story. It’s time to simplify the process and enlist the help of professionals. To get the assistance you need, here are a few of the best ways to find a moving and storage service in Atlanta that can help during your relocation.
- Ask around. One in four Americans will move at least once every five years. Chances are you know someone who has moved recently. Ask them who they used to help them with their move. Recommendations from those you trust are much more valuable than calling a company based on an advertisement.
- Make sure that your chosen company offers the services that you need. Not all moving companies are created equal. Some specialize in corporate moves and others specialize in residential moves. Some may only offer truck rentals, while others may be a full-service company. Know exactly what you need help with and then look for a company that offers those services.
- Avoid companies that offer over-the-phone estimates. Sure, it’s nice to know the price of your move. But no company can accurately give you a quote without seeing the size of your house and the quantity of your belongings. Get in-home bids from a few different companies to compare prices and select the right one for your move.
- No matter which company you choose, make sure that they are licensed and bonded. This means that they have the proper DOT and MC licenses to operate moving trucks and transport your belongings where they need to go. They should also have the proper business licenses and insurance policies to remain operational. Not only do these certifications protect you as the consumer, they also act as a protection for the company.
- Check out reviews. Don’t be scammed by a moving company. Be sure to check references and reviews before placing a deposit or hiring any sort of service. If other customers have had major issues with a moving company, it’s important to be aware of these things ahead of time.
Your move doesn’t have to be stressful! By choosing to enlist the help of a company that specializes in moving and storage in Atlanta, you’ll be settled into your new home before you know it!