Moving day arrives and you groan under the weight of boxes you are loading into the moving van. The familiar ache flares in your back and your eye catches sight of the boxes yet to be loaded piled on the lawn, blocking sight of the lush green grass you will be leaving behind. Leaving behind, that is, if you ever get the truck loaded. Looking for an alternative? Check out affordable moving and get moving company quotes.
The scenario above plays out in homes and businesses across the nation every day. Every moving family and business must weigh the potential cost and loss to health against the cost of hiring professionals. When factoring in stress associated with the move and relocation adjustment, you are almost always better off paying for professional moving services rather than trying to do the move on your own, regardless of the financial cost. Some things are just worth the money.
That said, you should consider what you can do to get the most value for your budget dollar. The following list outlines some qualities of a budget-friendly moving company:
- The company should provide a free estimate before household is packed. The estimate will include several service options with cost comparisons clearly detailed.
- Boxes and moving blankets should be provided at competitive prices.
- Materials purchased but not used during the move should have the cost refunded.
- You should be offered discounted rates for same day moving or “specials” during the year.
- Storage of your belongings at a reasonable fee should be available in case you have not established a destination.
- Your moving company should provide “benefits without charge,” such as punctuality, efficiency, friendliness, and excellent customer service.
These six considerations can help you get your moving started. A budget moving company in Dunwoody, GA, can be found by making a few phone calls. Sometimes, facing the move is the biggest challenge of all. Enlisting the services of a reputable company, getting moving company quotes, and asking all your questions can reduce your stress and let you get back to packing boxes.